BEST OTG OVEN OVERALL
BEST OTG OVEN (BUDGET)
Let’s find the Best OTG Oven in India.
The biggest challenge about buying an OTG is how to find the right one for your specific cooking needs and family size.
This is because there are many OTGs available, and each has its own features and qualities. Through this OTG buyer’s guide, you should be able to buy the best OTG Oven in India for yourself.
In addition, you’ll get a brief idea of what features to look for before buying an OTG.
TOP 10 BEST OTG OVENS IN INDIA
1. Morphy Richards 60 RCSS 60-Litre Oven Toaster Grill
Capacity (Liters): 60 Litres
Weight: 13.8 kgs
Dimensions: 182.6 x 116.5 x 110.2 Centimeters
Warranty: 2 Years
- Comes with a motorized rotisserie, convection function and crumb tray that allows for easy cleaning.
- Set on a time bypass or stay on function which helps keep the food warm for up to 2 hours after being cooked, retaining its freshness and flavours.
- This oven has an impressive capacity of 60 litres!
- You can set the time you want and it will turn off automatically when the timer is done
- 2 years warranty for your peace of mind!
The Morphy Richards 60 RCSS 60-Litre Oven Toaster Grill is the perfect solution for all your cooking needs.
It comes with a motorized rotisserie, convection function and crumb tray that allows for easy cleaning.
You can also set it on a time bypass or stay on the function which helps keep the food warm for up to 2 hours after being cooked, retaining its freshness and flavours.
What’s more, this OTG oven has an impressive capacity of 60 litres!
This oven will help you make mouthwatering dishes like no other appliance out there today. So what are you waiting for? Get this Best OTG oven now before they sell out!
2. Philips HD6975/00 25 Litre Digital Oven Toaster Grill, Grey, 25L
Capacity (Liters): 25
Power Consumption (kW): 1.5
Weight: 6.38 Kgs
Dimensions: 46.5 x 37 x 30 Centimeters
Warranty: 2 Years
Model Number: HD6975/00
Try this Philips Oven Toaster Grill – The Fuss-Free, Compact Appliance For Every Home! Crisp-and-Tender Roasts Broiled Steaks Juicy Pizzas and even Triple Play Chili Dogs. You can do it all with this OTG from Philips HD9975/00, a 25 Litre Digital OTG.
This mini kitchen gem is perfect for those who live alone as well as families of 4 to 5 people.
Boasting 1500 watts of power, the oven features a powerful combination of optimal temperature control technology that ensures equal browning across the surface of your food at every use without having to adjust heat levels manually. This means wonderfully crunchy crusts on our french fries and a tasty, evenly-browned roast.
The cooking rack can accommodate even the thickest roasts and racks of ribs giving you more space to prepare your food which makes it easy to cook more food in a smaller space. This OTG is also easy to clean and maintain without having to worry about rusting and flaking.
The open-door grilling element allows fat to drain away from food for healthy results while also preventing odours from escaping and forming smoke that can spread throughout your home or office.
This OTG has two oven shelves allowing you to bake and roast at the same time saving you more time without the need to switch the oven on and off.
The appliance also features a unique triple-play mode that lets you cook three different foods at the same time. This OTG has an easy to use dial that enables you to select various levels of browning and broiling to achieve your preferred results.
There are no more cold, soggy sandwiches with this OTG. The toasting rack helps you make evenly browned toast, bagels and English muffins in just the same way you would expect fresh bakery items to turn out.
Digital control and display: This griller features a digital control and display that enables you to operate it with ease. It also includes an array of cooking modes and options to choose from.
Unique triple-play mode: This OTG has a unique triple-play mode that enables you to cook three different foods at the same time. It comes with 1 rack, which is also removable for easy cleaning.
Cord storage: The cord of this griller can be stored out of sight. This makes your kitchen look much neater and clutter-free.
Temperature control: This OTG has optimal temperature control technology which enables you to evenly brown food without having to manually adjust the heat levels.
Adjustable shelves: The oven of this OTG has adjustable shelves that enable you to place big items inside it without any trouble at all. This makes it easy for you to cook more food in a smaller space, saving you more time and effort.
The door can be opened 180 degrees: This OTG has a door that can be opened up to 180 degrees which gives you more space for easy food arrangement inside it.
3. AGARO GRAND 21Litre Oven Toaster Grilll
Capacity (Liters): 21
Weight: 6.7 Kgs
Dimensions: 42 x 37 x 25 Centimeters
Warranty: 1 Year
- 5 heating modes – grill, roast, toast, pizza and bagel
- Adjustable temperature from 90°C to 230°C
- Large 21Litre capacity
- Heat resistant tempered glass window
- Even heat distribution
- Auto shutoff
- Makes a great complement for your kitchen appliances with its upright design.
Powerful enough to keep up with any dish, the AGARO GRAND 21Litre Oven Toaster Grill features a glass window and automatic shutoff that makes it even easier to cook up mouthwatering dishes.
With its 5 heating modes, adjustable temperature from 90°C to 230°C, and heat resistant tempered glass window – this powerful oven is capable of cooking anything from pizzas to lasagnas in just minutes!
4. Wonderchef Oven Toaster Griller (OTG) – 48 Litres
Capacity (Liters): 48
Weight: 20 kgs
Dimensions: 59 x 42 x 38 Centimeters
Warranty: 1 Year
- Stainless Steel Body: This OTG has a stainless steel body that is so sturdy and durable, it will last for years to come. Plus, it looks great in any modern- designed kitchen.
- Auto Power Off: If the OTG is accidentally ON for more than 30 minutes or if a heating element fails to heat up within 1 minute, this feature will turn the oven off automatically and activate the alarm with a beep to indicate that there may be an issue.
- Contemporary Design: This OTG has a sleek and modern design that looks great in any kitchen. It will be your favorite tool to use when you’re cooking for friends and family members.
- Heat Resistant Tempered Glass Window: The heat resistant tempered glass window gives you a clear view of the food as it bakes, broils, roasts and grills. It also makes a great serving area for your dishes.
- Non-Stick Surface: This OTG comes with a non-stick surface that allows you to easily cook all of your favorite foods – from grilled sandwiches to cookies! You can even use it as an extra countertop when not in use!
- Specialized Knobs & Control Panel: The OTG comes with 4 knobs that allow you to control the functions of baking, broiling, roasting and defrosting. Plus, it has a digital control panel so you can set all of your preferences at once!
You’re looking for a new oven toaster griller, but you don’t want to spend too much money?
Wonderchef Oven Toaster Griller (OTG) – 48 Litres is the perfect solution! It has all of the features you need at a price that won’t break your budget.
Plus, it comes with free shipping and a 2-years warranty. What more could you ask for?
This OTG can make anything from pizza pockets to grilled sandwiches in minutes! It also includes 4 knobs that allow easy control over functions like baking, broiling, roasting and defrosting.
And with an auto power-off feature with bell and heat resistant tempered glass window, this OTG will keep your kitchen safe while cooking delicious meals every day. Don’t wait any longer – buy one today!
5. Bajaj 2200 TMSS 22-Litre OTG (Silver)
Capacity (Liters): 22
Weight: 7.9 kgs
Dimensions: 50.4 x 40.4 x 34.9 Centimeters
Warranty: 2 Years Warranty
- 1200 Watts of Power – You can cook anything from cakes to meat in no time at all.
- Stainless Steel Body – This product is made out of stainless steel so it will always look shiny and clean after every use.
- 7 Accessories – It comes with 7 accessories to make cooking easier than ever before!
- Oven, Microwave, Steamer – It can be used as an oven, microwave, or even as a steamer.
- Durable Interior – The Bajaj 2200 TMSS 22-Litre OTG (Silver) is made out of high-quality steel so it can last a long time.
The Bajaj 2200 TMSS 22-Litre OTG (Silver) is the perfect oven for all your baking needs. It has a capacity of 22 litres and comes with 7 accessories to make cooking easier than ever before! You can use it as an oven, microwave, or even as a steamer.
It also features 1200 watts of power so that you can cook anything from cakes to meat in no time at all.
And if you’re worried about cleaning up after yourself, don’t be! This product is made out of stainless steel so it will always look shiny and clean after every use.
6. AGARO Grand 40 L Oven Toaster Grill
Capacity (Liters): 40
Weight: 10.5 kgs
Dimensions: 48 x 41 x 33 Centimeters
Warranty: 1 Year
- Fast cooking – The AGARO oven toaster grill has a fast heating element which heats up the upper and lower parts of the oven separately. This means that you can grill or toast your food faster than ever before!
- Convection technology – Even baking is possible at high temperatures thanks to the heat circulation of the oven toaster grill. This technology is excellent for grilling meat, fish and vegetables.
- Motorized rotisserie – Add some fun to your food while cooking with the motorized rotisserie! And it’s not just a pretty face: It’s equipped with 4 flexible stainless-steel skewers which ensure safe cooking, even for small children.
- Variable temperature settings – The oven toaster grill gives you more choices on how you want your food prepared. It allows you to choose the desired level of cooking from 90°C- 230°C by simply turning the knob. You can also start and stop the rotisserie at any time using the knob.
- Built-in timer – You can set the oven toaster grill to automatically stop its cooking function when your food is perfectly grilled or browned.
The AGARO Grand 40 L Oven Toaster Grill is the best OTG in its class and will give you a new experience with cooking.
It has all the features you need for an easy life in the kitchen, including a heating knob, convection technology, motorized rotisserie, variable temperature settings and a timer. You can even use it as a steamer!
This oven toaster grill makes everything easier for you so that you can focus on what matters most – enjoying time with family and friends.
7. Inalsa Oven MasterChef 16BK OTG (16 Liters)
Capacity (Liters): 16
Weight: 3.6 kgs
Dimensions: 42.5 x 30.6 x 26.9 Centimeters
Warranty: 2 Years
- It heats up in 2-3 minutes
- Cooking temperature range is 100 to 250 degrees C.
- Stay on Technology with 60 minute Accu-timer technology
- Wide glass door for easy viewing and food handling
Do you hate it when your cakes and pizzas come out undercooked or overcooked?
Inalsa Oven MasterChef 16BK OTG (16 Liters) is the perfect oven for baking cakes and pizzas. It heats up in 2-3 minutes, cooks food faster, has a wide temperature range of 100 to 250 degrees C., and stays on with 60-minute Accu-timer technology.
Plus, this OTG comes with a see-through glass door so you can watch your food as it’s cooking!
You won’t have to worry about ever having an undercooked cake or pizza again.
8. Pigeon Baker’s Collection Oven Toaster GrilL 16L
Capacity (Liters): 16
Weight: 5 kgs
Dimensions: 46.9 x 34.3 x 32 Centimeters
Warranty: 1 Year
- 16 liter capacity
- 4 stage heating options
- Glass door for convenient monitoring
- Adjustable Thermostat with temperature range from 100-250 degrees Celsius
- Removable crumb tray, pan handle and skewer rods for easy cleaning
Are you tired of spending hours in the kitchen preparing kebabs?
Pigeon OTG 16L is the perfect solution for your cooking needs. It comes with 4 stage heating options and an adjustable thermostat that allows you to control the temperature from 100-250 degrees Celsius.
You can make delicious juicy kebabs easily with this oven toaster grill!
The glass door of this OTG lets you conveniently monitor your food while it cooks, so there’s no need to open the door every few minutes.
This OTG also comes with a barbeque rack, crumb tray, panhandle and skewer rods that make cooking easier than ever before!
9. KENT OTG Oven Toaster and Griller, 20L (Black)
Capacity (Liters): 20
Weight: 5.5 kgs
Dimensions: 43.2 x 34.3 x 26.3 Centimeters
Warranty: 1 Year
- Bake, grill, toast, rotisserie, keep warm functions are available in this OTG.
- No more bulky oven space needed in your kitchen.
- With independent temperature knobs design, you can set the temperature according to your favorite recipe.
- Built-in high heat Toaster function allows you to toast 4 buns at once. It’s suitable for small space or time use.
- Drops down crumb tray makes clean-up quick and easy! And the water proofing design enables you to wipe clean the outside easily.
- Indicator light will be on while cooking. It’s suitable for 1 – 2 people family.
This OTG oven toaster and griller is the perfect appliance for anyone who wants to cook delicious meals without all the hassle. With this OTG, you can bake, grill, toast, rotisserie, keep warm your food with ease! Its easy-to-use knobs let you set the temperature and control the heat according to what your recipes demands.
You can even use it as a rotisserie! And don’t worry about cleaning up afterwards because our OTG comes with a drop-down crumb tray at the bottom of the appliance that makes cleaning up quick and easy.
10. Bajaj Majesty 4500 TMCSS 45-Litre Oven Toaster Grill (Silver)
Capacity (Liters): 45
Weight: 12.3 kgs
Dimensions: 45 x 45 x 68 Centimeters
Warranty: 2 Years
- Stainless Steel Body: This product has a stylish stainless steel body that looks good in any kitchen. It’s very easy to clean and also helps keep the inside of the oven cool, which means you don’t have to worry about burning yourself!
- Non-Stick Interior: The interior walls and floor of this oven are covered with a non-stick coating, which makes it easy to clean. If anything does happen to spill and burn onto the walls or floor of your oven, you can simply wipe it away with a damp cloth!
- Motorised Rotisserie: The rotisserie in this oven rotates at a high speed, which helps the meat cook evenly and quickly. It’s great for roasting chicken or pork, and you can even use it to make kebabs!
- 60 Minutes Timer: The timer in this oven can be set for up to 60 minutes, which is great if you’re cooking something that requires a longer time. When the timer runs out, your oven will automatically shut off and go into standby mode in order to save energy.
The Bajaj Majesty 4500 TMCSS is the perfect oven toaster grill for any household. It’s large enough to cook food for 5-8 people and has a wide range of features that make cooking easier than ever before. You can use it as an oven, grill, or even barbeque! Plus, it comes with everything you need to start cooking right away – including tongs and skewers!
This product is eligible for a full refund within 10 days of delivery in case of any product defects or damage.
What is an OTG oven?
- An OTG oven is an acronym for Oven Toaster Grill. An Oven Toaster Grill is a 3-in-1 kitchen appliance. This appliance is used to cook, reheat, defrost and toast food. The OTG oven comes with an inbuilt cooking plate underneath which helps in cooking and heating food. OTG ovens can be easily plugged into a power socket, like a normal toaster or microwave, and does not require any kind of chimney or gas connection.
- An OTG (Oven, Toaster, and Griller) is ideal for baking, toasting, and grilling. This wonderful kitchen appliance can be used to bake a variety of dishes including cakes, cookies, pizzas, bread, buns and can also be used for grilling meat. A few of the most common dishes prepared using an OTG are Chicken Pizza, Grilled Sandwich, Veg Pizza, Cheese Toast and Chicken Tikka.
- The best OTG has four or five heating elements that are placed on the top, bottom, and both sides. It has a temperature control knob and heating time adjuster. The best OTG has non-sticky, easy to clean interiors that guarantee quick and easy cleaning. Foods prepared using an OTG are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They are healthier as fat drains out and is collected in a tray.
- If you enjoy cooking but don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen then OTG is for you. Bake a cake, grill a sandwich, and toast bread – all these can be done in less than half an hour.
- The ease of usage and portability make OTGs a must-have appliance in both small and large families. They are extremely easy to use, you just have to plug it in, place the food inside, rotate the knob, and wait for the timer to go off.
- The best OTG oven brands in India are Morphy Richards, Pigeon, Glen, Havells, AGARO, Bajaj, etc.
Why choose an OTG oven over a conventional oven?
- OTG is without a doubt portable and cost-effective. OTGs are highly energy-efficient, as they use minimal power to heat up food.
- They are perfect for student hostels, where the cooking facilities are not up to the mark.
- They can be carried along on picnics, beach parties and outings.
- Conventional ovens take up a lot of space, and cannot be carried along with us on picnics and trips.
- They are ideal for large gatherings and get-togethers.
- If you are tired of scrubbing down your conventional oven, then it’s time to switch over to an OTG as it is easier to clean.
- A conventional oven has only one heating element, whereas an OTG comes with four to five heating elements. This means that food can be cooked faster on an OTG than on a conventional oven.
- OTGs come with a non-stick coated grill that helps in making food crispier and healthier.
- OTGs are extremely easy to clean, as all the leftover food rests on a tray that can be easily wiped with a cloth. The interiors are dishwasher safe too, making it easier to clean them.
- Conventional ovens are extremely difficult to clean. They require a lot of effort and the cavity cannot be cleaned with water. The internal appliance cannot be placed in a dishwasher, and it can only be wiped down with a cloth.
- The heat retention capacity of an OTG is much higher than that of a conventional oven. This means that the food will stay hot for a longer period.
What are the different types of OTG Ovens?
There are two types of OTG ovens available in the market today –
It is better to opt for the ceramic OTG oven.
Some of the most popular brands that offer the best OTG oven in India are Pigeon, Morphy Richards, Glen, Orient Electric etc.
Important features to consider before buying an OTG Oven?
- A typical OTG oven in India has a non-sticky cavity and a tray, an indicator light, a temperature control knob, a heating time adjuster, and different levels of heating elements.
- It also has a lid to cover the food until it is cooked.
- Look for auto shut off, a feature that switches off the oven once the baking time is over. This prevents overcooking and saves energy too.
- Rotisserie: This feature rotates the food while it is inside the oven, which helps in the even-roasting of your food, especially meat dishes.
- Check if your OTG oven comes with a warranty, in case there is any damage to the appliance.
- Safety features like a fuse, a thermal cut-off switch, and a circuit breaker are a must, as they prevent any damage to the OTG oven.
- The best OTGs in India also have a removable glass lid to make it easier for you to check on the food frequently during cooking.
- You should also look at the size of the OTG oven, as it should be able to fit into your kitchen.
- If you are planning to buy an OTG oven then you must look for an oven that has a temperature control knob and an adjustable heating time.
- You can also find OTGs with touch-screen panels, which are easier to use. OTGs with removable trays are also available.
- The price of OTGs ranges from Rs.2000 to Rs. 25000, depending on the features and the technical specifications. The average price for a reliable OTG brand is Rs. 12,000.
How do you choose the right size of OTG for your family?
To choose the right size of OTG for your home, you need to look at the total number of family members. If you have a large family with four to five members, then it is better to buy a larger oven.
If there are three or fewer people in your family, a smaller oven will do just fine.
The size of the OTG also depends on how often you will use it. If you are planning to use the OTG every day, then it is better to buy a larger oven.
There is no rocket science involved in choosing the size of your OTG. You just need to understand how you and your family members use the oven and buy one accordingly.
How to clean an OTG oven?
OTG ovens are much easier to maintain than conventional ovens. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean your OTG oven:
- STEP 1: Turn off the OTG and let it cool down.
- STEP 2: Remove the tray and clean it with a damp cloth.
- STEP 3: Remove the heating element and wipe it down with a dry cloth to remove the oil stains. If you have not used any oily products on the oven, you can use an old toothbrush to clean off any residues.
- STEP 4: Use a damp cloth and some cleaning powder to clean the exterior of the oven.
- STEP 5: Spray some water on the interior cavity of the OTG after removing all remaining food bits.
- STEP 6: Wait for a few minutes before wiping off all residues with a dry cloth.
You do not have to go through too much trouble while cleaning your OTG oven. All you need to do is clean the interior after every use or wash the tray once a week. Do remember that the heating element needs to be cleaned once a month for the best life span.
What is the Warranty Period of an OTG Oven?
If you are looking for an OTG oven then it is important to check out its warranty period before making a purchase. This will ensure that the company backs their product with complete confidence.
An OTG oven typically comes with a one-year warranty from the manufacturer. Some brands offer money-back guarantees, while others offer replacement or warranty extensions for a fee.
How Safe are OTGs?
Japanese researchers have found that using an OTG adversely affects your health in the long run. OTGs have been found to release carcinogenic vapours, which are harmful to your health.
However, the study was conducted with regards to older models of OTGs. The newer models work on a heating system that is different from the older models.
The Japanese scientists have stated that modern OTGs release much less quantity of carcinogens than the older models, which makes them safer for use.
Many people feel that OTGs are harmful to the environment as well. Some manufacturers use tin foil for making trays, which is not biodegradable. It has also been found that non-stick trays release harmful chemicals into the environment.
Whether you should buy an OTG or not depends on how much benefit it can offer you. OTGs are probably not as harmful as they used to be earlier.
The modern models offer several advantages, including lower power consumption and more space.
Biggest Advantages Of OTG Ovens
- OTGs are Portable: Due to their compact size, OTGs are highly portable and easy to store. This is especially beneficial if you live in a place where storage space is scarce. The best thing about OTGs is that you can take them along with you on your picnics or trips. Some OTGs come with a cordless feature making them highly portable.
- Relatively Cheaper: When compared to conventional ovens, OTGs are way cheaper. Of course, we’re talking about the modern-day top of the line models. One OTG oven can replace a lot of other appliances, and sometimes even two or three! So, you save money that you’d have otherwise spent on buying a microwave, toaster oven or grill.
- Lesser Electricity Consumption: OTGs are way more energy efficient. If you have a small family, then an (Oven Toaster Grill) OTG is ideal for you. Regular ovens use about 4 kWh of electricity for a full hour, whereas an OTG uses about 1.5 kWh of electricity. In addition to this, regular ovens heat up using heat energy whereas OTGs heat up using microwave energy.
Though there are many OTGs available in the market very few stand out because of their features, technology used and user benefit perspective. Out of these 10 best OTG Ovens mentioned above, you should check for your specific needs before buying one for yourself.
Difference Between OTG Oven and Microwave Oven
Oven Toaster Grills (aka OTG) and Microwave ovens are not at all similar in terms of their functionality.
There is a big difference between an OTG and a microwave oven which we will discuss below:
- Appearance: Appearance-wise both OTGs and microwaves look quite similar. Both OTGs and microwaves look like small cabinets which can be kept on your kitchen countertop.
- Size: OTGs come in all different sizes, shapes and designs. Currently, there are a huge variety of OTGs available in the market with some being as big as a regular oven and others as small as a microwave oven. Microwave ovens, on the other hand, are much smaller than OTGs.
- Power Consumption: Microwave ovens use electromagnetic waves to cook your food whereas OTGs make use of microwaves to heat up your food. Due to this difference, microwave ovens consume more electric power (around 700-800 Watt) as compared to an OTG (around 600-800 Watt).
- Heating Method: Microwaves heat up the food using microwaves whereas OTGs use hot air. Due to this difference, ovens are much faster at heating up your food as compared to microwaves.
- Cooking/Reheating Speed: OTG Ovens are way faster than microwave ovens in cooking your food. OTGs can cook or heat up food in less than half the time taken by microwave ovens.
- Calorie Consumption: Microwaves heat up food by exciting the molecules present within it. This results in higher calorie consumption as compared to ovens which cook the food from outside and inside at the same time.
What are the precautions to be taken while using an OTG oven?
- Make sure that you don’t put anything on top of your OTG oven.
- Don’t touch the inside walls of an OTG while it’s working as they are super-hot.
- Use oven gloves and keep a distance (around 15-20 cm) while you’re removing food from the OTG.
- Don’t leave the OTG unattended when you’re cooking.
- Make sure that your hands are dry while handling an OTG otherwise, you might get a nasty electric shock.
- Make sure that you don’t put any inflammable material inside the OTG.
- Don’t put a plastic bag inside an OTG as it may catch fire.
- Make sure that you place an OTG at the appropriate height so that kids don’t get access to it.
- Don’t put your OTG in a bathroom as they are not waterproof.
- Don’t put an OTG under direct sunlight as it may get hot and damage the surface of the countertop over which it is placed.
- Don’t use OTG ovens if they are not working properly or have any kind of damage because it may lead to fire hazards.
- Don’t keep an empty OTG in the ON mode as it may cause a fire.
- Do not put anything on top of an OTG as it will result in the food getting stuck to the top and there’s a high chance that you’ll not be able to remove it without damaging the OTG.
- Don’t place an OTG on wet surfaces as it may cause electric shock.
- Make sure that you switch off the OTG before you clean or maintain it.
- Place an OTG at a safe distance from inflammable items so that there are no chances of it catching fire in case of an explosion.
- Don’t clean your OTG with inflammable material as they may cause harm to you or your OTG.
- Never try to take the motor out of an OTG or clean it with an inflammable material because it may catch fire.
- Don’t touch your OTG or its motor with wet hands as it may cause electric shock and you might get hurt.
- Use oven gloves while handling an OTG and remove them while using it.
OTG Oven FAQs
Which is better OTG Oven or Microwave oven?
An OTG Oven is better than a microwave as OTGs are way faster than microwaves and cook your food from all sides as compared to microwaves which only heat up the food on the outside. Also, OTGs are more energy-efficient and cost-effective.
Can I bake using an OTG Oven?
Yes, you can. The best part about OTGs is that they can do a lot more than just heating up or defrosting your food. You can also bake in an OTG Oven, and the good news is that you can bake a variety of things in your OTG oven.
How many types of OTG Ovens are available in the market?
There are two types of OTG Ovens available in the market, they are:
1. Air Fryer Ovens
2. Toaster Ovens
Air fryer ovens are very popular nowadays. Toaster ovens on the other hand were around even before air fryers entered the market.
What is an Air Fryer Oven?
Air Fryer Ovens are OTGs that use hot air instead of microwaves. The good thing about air fryer ovens is that they cook/heat up your food in lesser time than conventional OTGs.
Is OTG oven harmful?
No, OTG ovens are absolutely safe to use because they cook your food by making use of hot air. Also, OTGs are completely healthy and don’t add any harmful chemicals to your food.
Will I get the same taste as a regular oven?
Yes, OTGs cook the food by making use of hot air. The taste and flavour of your food are not affected at all when you cook it in an OTG.
Does an OTG have microwaves inside?
No, OTGs don’t have any microwaves inside. OTGs make use of hot air to cook your food.
Can I bake cakes in an OTG?
Yes, you can definitely bake a cake in an OTG.
Which OTG is best for beginners?
If you’re new to this, we suggest that you buy an Air Fryer OTG Oven as they are very easy to use and cook food quickly.
How many Litres of OTG is good for 1 person?
An OTG with a capacity of 8-10 Litres is good enough for 1 person.
Does OTG consume more electricity?
Yes, an OTG oven consumes more electricity than any other kitchen appliance. But it consumes lesser electricity than a standard oven.
How many Watts does an OTG consume?
An ideal 10L OTG oven consumes about 700-1000 Watts of power. A smaller OTG oven with a capacity of 2-4 Litre consumes about 500 Watts of power.
Do I have to wait for a while after I switch off my OTG?
Yes, always wait for the oven to cool down completely before you touch it.
Can I use my OTG while on my inverter?
No, you cannot use an OTG oven while it’s connected to an inverter because inverters don’t produce enough power to fulfil the demands of an OTG oven.
Can we use steel utensils in OTG?
Yes, you can use steel utensils in an OTG as its walls have no effect on the food being cooked. Ideally, we recommend using oven-safe utensils. Avoid using non-metal utensils like plastic, wood, etc. as they may melt and damage the OTG oven.
Is it safe to put a plastic bag in an OTG?
No, never put a plastic bag in an OTG oven because it will melt and stick to the walls of the OTG oven.
Can I use a glass bowl in OTG?
No, you should never use a glass bowl in an OTG oven because it can break due to sudden heating. A metal flask is recommended for use in OTG ovens.
Can we keep an OTG Oven on the fridge?
No, don’t place an OTG oven on a fridge because it may cause damage to the fridge.
Can we use Aluminium utensils in OTG?
Yes, you can use utensils made of aluminium in an OTG oven. But we recommend you to use only oven-safe utensils because other types of utensils may damage the efficiency of your OTG oven.
Can we use a coffee mug in OTG?
Coffee mugs are not oven-safe utensils and you should never use them in an OTG oven. There are oven-safe coffee mugs available in the market if you want to use them.
Can we use teacups in OTG?
You can use teacups in an OTG oven but make sure they are oven-safe.
How do you toast bread in OTG?
You can toast bread in an OTG oven by placing it on the top rack and selecting the Toast option.
How long should you toast bread in an OTG Oven?
For toasting bread, put it on the top rack and choose the Toast option. The time taken for toasting bread varies as per the size of your bread. If you are not sure, we recommend you check the toast by opening the OTG oven every 5-10 minutes.
Can I roast papad in OTG Oven?
Yes, you can roast papad in an OTG oven. You can roast around 4-5 papads at one time. Put the papad on the top rack of your OTG and select the Roast option.
How long should I roast papad in an OTG Oven?
You should roast papad in batches and we recommend you to start with a small batch of 4-5 papads at one time. The time taken for roasting papad varies as per the size of papads. Typically, 4-5 papads take about 10 minutes to roast well. Again, you can check by opening the OTG oven every 5-10 minutes.
Can I roast meat in OTG?
Yes, you can roast any type of meat in an OTG oven. However, never place raw meat in the OTG oven. You should always marinate the meat before putting it in an OTG oven.
Can we keep foil paper in OTG?
If it is aluminium foil, then it is safe to use in an OTG oven. Aluminium foil papers catch fire at very high temperatures, like 600 degrees and above. Make sure your max temperature doesn’t exceed 250 degrees when you use aluminium foil in an OTG oven.
Can I roast vegetables in OTG?
Yes, you can roast veggies in your OTG oven. However, veggies like potatoes need more time than other vegetables to cook well in an OTG oven. To get the best results, we recommend you to slightly pre-boil veggies like potatoes before putting them in your OTG oven.
Can I bake eggs in an OTG?
You can bake eggs in an OTG oven. However, you should use oven-safe utensils like metal pans and avoid using non-metal utensils like plastic cups to bake eggs in the OTG oven.
How long should I roast almonds in an OTG?
Almonds take less time to roast, around 3-5 minutes. Put the almonds on the top rack and select the Roast option.
Tags: Best OTG, Best OTG Ovens, Best OTG Ovens in India, Best OTG Online