To help you out in your quest to find the best kitchen knife, we have listed the ‘top 10 best kitchen knives in India’ available on Amazon.
(BEST IN BUDGET)
Magnetic Knife Holder (FOR CONVENIENCE)
Knife Sharpening Tool (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
The purpose of this post is to help you find the best kitchen knife in India and also present to you the top 10 best kitchen knives.
Can you imagine a kitchen without a kitchen knife?
Neither can I.
A kitchen knife is one of the most important utensils in a kitchen. If you are thinking, how to choose the best kitchen knife in India, then this post is for you.
A kitchen knife is a tool that can be used for different purposes like cutting, slicing and dicing vegetables, meats and other food items. It usually consists of a blade and a handle (if not ergonomically designed, it would make your work difficult). Different kitchen knives have different types of blades and different sizes.
Kitchen knives aren’t manufactured equally and that is why the quality of one knife differs from the other. It all depends on what type and size of knife you want to buy according to your cooking needs.
Very few people actually know how to choose the best kitchen knife in India and most of us end up buying the wrong one. We do not think about what type of knife we should buy according to our needs and end up buying something that does not serve us for long.
For slicing meats and vegetables with a hard exterior like pumpkin, for instance, you will require different types of knives than what you would use for cutting a finely sliced cucumber. We cannot use the same knife for cutting both as it would be very difficult for the knife to cut through such tough objects.
We went through thousands of customer reviews and knife experts’ advice and tested different kitchen knives to bring you the following reviews of the top 10 best kitchen knife sets in India. These reviews are conducted based on various factors like reviews, product quality, product features, etc.
Top 10 Best Kitchen Knives in India
1. Victorinox Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set of 3, Swiss Classic.
- Sharp blades. The knife has a long-lasting edge that makes cutting easier.
- High-quality tools at an affordable price
- Blades are sharp, rust-free and made of high-quality stainless steel.
- Great starter set for all your kitchen needs
- Handles are a bit short, so if you have large hands it may be challenging to grip them comfortably.
The Swiss Classic Kitchen Knife Set of 3 is crafted using sharp, rust-free stainless steel blades for cutting fruits with precision. The ergonomic design of the polypropylene handle allows you to cut confidently and precisely.
Cutting your way through the kitchen has never been so smooth. When you need sharpness, this set of stainless steel knives can’t be beaten. 138L surgical grade, rust-free stainless steel blades with ergonomic polypropylene handles make for an efficient cut time after time. Unlock that next level of cuisine at home with these Victorinox Swiss Classic Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set.
You receive three great knives made by hand in Switzerland.
2. Stovekraft Stainless Steel Kitchen Knives Set, 3-Pieces
- Professional Stainless Steel Kitchen Knives Set.
- Strong, sturdy blades that don’t rust or chip away at ingredients.
- A sharp blade that cuts through veggies and meat with ease.
- Dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning and storage.
- Some buyers said the handles come loose easily after a few months of use.
The Stovekraft Stainless Steel Kitchen Knives Set is perfect for slicing up veggies, chopping chicken meat and peeling the skin off of cucumbers with ease. These knives are made from high-quality stainless steel that means they don’t rust or chip away at ingredients like other brands.
It’s made ergonomically for ultimate comfort even when cutting ingredients that are usually unpleasant like scallions or ginger!
Buyers can expect their knives to last a long time even with regular use considering these blades are meant to be washed in the dishwasher without rusting! The set includes three different types of knives which allow you to prepare various dishes in style.
If you’re looking for top-notch performance but not willing to pay department store price-points this product will give you everything you need right out the box!
3. Victorinox Kitchen Knife, Serrated Edge, Swiss Made, 10 cms
- 100% stainless steel made for durability
- 8cm wavy blade perfect for cutting meat, vegetables, and fruit
- Safe to use in dishwasher
- Great for commercial or home use
- May rust if not dried after washing (do not soak in water)
Stovekrust Stainless Steel Kitchen Knives are designed for long-term durability, made from stainless steel, and are dishwasher safe!
Made from high-quality stainless steel and designed for durability, these knives are sure to become your new favourite tool in the kitchen! Featuring an 8cm pointed tip multipurpose wavy blade, this set is perfect whether you’re cooking at home or hosting dinner parties at your restaurant. Best of all–they are dishwasher safe!
The entire collection is made with food safety standards so you can feel confident when cooking at home or commercially. You’ll love these products because they won’t let you down- buy your knife set today!
4. AGARO Galaxy 6 Pcs Kitchen Knife Set with Wooden Case
- Sharp from the first use
- Very comfortable to hold
- Dishwasher safe
- The blades are sharp and don’t require a lot of effort to cut items
- The wooden stand is a nice addition and is a great way to free up some valuable real estate in your sink area and clear up a bit of clutter in the process.
- The handles are very comfortable and do a good job absorbing the impact when you’re slicing through hard materials
- The blades are a little bit on the thin side, so they may bend if you try to cut something with a lot of force.
The AGARO Galaxy 6 Pcs Kitchen Knife Set with Wooden Case features six high-quality knives that are designed to be durable, comfortable and functional. They come in a lovely wooden case for storage. This is the perfect set of knives for cooking!
The high-carbon stainless steel blades are easy to maintain, and they remain sharp for long periods of time; the safety handles allow you to comfortably use your knives without raw wounds or slipping. This 6 piece knife set includes an 8″ Chef Knife, 7″ Sankotu Knife, 5″ Utility Knife, 3.5 ” Paring Knife, 8″ Multi-Functional Scissor and a wooden stand in order to provide you with convenience when storing them in your kitchen arsenal!
5. Pigeon – Ultra Stainless Steel Knife Set, Set of 4
- Very affordable and the best value for money knives on this list
- Beautiful design, very sleek and comfortable to hold
- Easy to use and maintain with its dishwasher safe feature.
- Some reviewers have complained that the blade rusts after a couple of uses if soaked in water.
Pigeon knives are the new kitchen favourite and they are the best budget kitchen knives on this list! They feel as good as they look with a soft, contoured handle that feels just right. Made from stainless steel with hollow ground edges to cleanly cut through your food, these knives will have you looking forward to mealtime!
The sleek stainless steel blades are amazingly easy to maintain with its dishwasher safe. Grab yourself one or many of these beautiful sets today before they’re gone for good!
6. Amazon Solimo High-Carbon Stainless Steel Chef’s Knife Set
- The sharp blade stays sharp for years.
- The triple-rivet handle offers a better grip.
- The aluminium sheath stores the knives safely.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Not dishwasher safe.
Feel like a Michelin star chef with this awesome Amazon brand Solimo Premium Chef’s Knife Set!
The blade is made from premium stainless-steel and corrosion-resistant metal with razor-sharp edges so it stays sharp for years to come. The triple-rivet handle ensures an easy grip while you slice, mince, or chop food. These knives are ideal for any cooking task so order one set right away!
7. ZircoSharp Ceramic Kitchen Knife, 4.0″ Blade
- The ceramic blades do not rust and are resistant to corrosion
- The blades ensure a precise cut, much better than other materials like metal
- The ergonomic handles provide comfort when in use
- Ceramic blades are usually more fragile than other knives, so handle with care
- They are not dishwasher safe and require hand washing
The Zircosharp knives are not only made of the best material but also with the most cutting edge design. From thin blades to ergonomic handles, you will be cutting through your food like butter!
Make preparing meals easy again with these long-lasting ceramics that never get tired or rusty no matter how hard they work for you! A kitchen knife that is conveniently light and safe when in use. You’ll find it so easy to keep clean too when looking after one of these beauties.
This knife is a perfect gift for the person that loves to cook and doesn’t believe in sacrificing quality. Make a great impression with this unique set of knives!
Give this amazing new product as a gift or treat yourself, you won’t be disappointed!
8. Ace Knife Set For Daily Use (2 Units)
- Surgical Stainless Steel + Tempered & Hardened To 54-55 HRC
- Ergonomic handle that connects to the blade with a unique design
- Extra long-lasting food grade edge
- Proudly made in India
- It is not a very easy task to sharpen the serrated edged knives.
Kitchen knives can make or break a meal and for this reason, it is important that you only get the best kitchen knives in India.
Say hello to Ace Knife Set For Daily Use. The sharp blades on these knives will always be a step ahead of dull kitchen cutlery. Always have a perfectly serrated edge with the Ace Knife Set for daily use!
These chef’s knives not only provide quick and easy cuts but also offer versatility in many other areas meaning incredible value at a great price. Order now and get your kitchen set up to never go out of date!
9. HOLIVE Wooden Chopping Board with Knife Set and Scissor
- 6 knives in 1 set
- A free cutting board with the set
- Safe and comfortable grip handles
- Stainless steel is a durable material that won’t corrode
- Cannot be used in the dishwasher
- Some people have reported problems keeping the blade sharp
This amazing knife set is the right tool for all your food preparation needs. The knife is made ergonomically from high-quality stainless steel, with comfortable black handles that fit into your hand. The knives have a sharp edge with 5 multipurpose kitchen knives and 1 pair of scissors to cut meat, vegetables, fruit and more. They come with a free cutting board which makes this product a complete investment.
The easy-grip handles on this set let you cut easily without any risk of slippage. Six pieces total including one cutting board ensures an efficient cleaning experience as well as constant success in making delicious dishes. Carry them wherever you go to make sure food prep is always at its finest.
10. Pigeon by Stove Kraft Stainless Steel Kitchen Knifes Set with Wooden Block
- Solid feel quality, Stainless Steel material, strong and durable Great for chopping vegetables, meats, fish etc.
- Sharp blades do not rust/corrode
- Comes with a woodblock to keep the knives in place
- Rivets aren’t so great at keeping the blade in place and might get loose over time
- The handles could have been designed a little more ergonomically
Introducing the Pigeon by Stove Kraft Stainless Steel Kitchen Knives Set with Wooden Block! With a professional look, these knives are sleek and lightweight. Made of a single piece of stainless steel, they have riveted handles for precise control while sharpening blade edges to perfection.
This set is perfect for anyone who wants good kitchen tools without heavy investments in time or money. You can use them at home or on your next vacation hotel apartment, even on camping trips because you never know when being prepped may come in handy during emergencies.
This knife set includes 1 – Boner Knife (25cm), 1- Utility Knife (23cm), 1- Steak Knife(22cm), 1- Paring Knife (18cm), 1 – Kitchen Scissor (21cm) & 1 – Wooden Stand.
These knives are made from a single piece of heavy-duty stainless steel, which means they’re durable enough for any household task. And because these are full tang knives, their handles won’t snap off when you need them most! Get in the game and pick up this set today.
Do you really need a kitchen knife?
Yes, you do! A kitchen knife is not only a tool for cutting and chopping. It’s also an extension of your hand that can help achieve small and precise tasks like slicing carrots into the same size or making juliennes. They’re also a lot easier to clean than a cleaver or a butcher’s knife. In fact, you should have at least 3 kitchen knives in your collection – an all-purpose chef’s knife, a serrated slicer and a paring knife.
The Victorinox 10 cm Classic is the best kitchen blade money can buy. It’s incredibly sharp and versatile. The narrow blade allows you to slice the thinnest tomato or cut diced onions into perfect cubes. You can even use it as a regular knife for your guests!
An all-purpose kitchen knife is an essential tool and we highly recommend Victorinox Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set of 3, Swiss Classic. With this three-piece set, you’ve got the best of both worlds. You’ll get a flexible chef’s knife for your meat section, a serrated slicer for bread and tomatoes, and a paring knife perfect for mincing garlic or peeling fruits.
It may seem like overkill to spend so much money on kitchenware, but a good knife can make all the difference. And with Victorinox, you get what you pay for.
Although Pigeon Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set looks like it came from a discount store, they’re actually very sharp and durable kitchen knives that perform just as well as premium models for a fraction of the cost! In fact, they are so cheap that you can get them for each member of your family.
At less than Rs 150 per unit, Pigeon knives are sharp enough to tackle almost any job in the kitchen. They’re also easy to clean and dishwasher safe. The only drawback is that they do not have long-term durability on budget knives.
What is the best kitchen knife brand in India?
There are many great kitchen knife brands in India. Each knife brand has its own unique selling point, but the most important criterion for a good knife set is its value for money. If a blade performs well and is durable, it’s worth spending extra rupees.
But, did you know the best knives in the world come from Japan? You should check out the Takefu knife village in Japan.
The ZircoSharp 4-inch Water Sharpening Ceramic Knife is the best kitchen knife in India because of one simple reason – it sharpens itself! In fact, you can sharpen the blade with just a little pressure and it will do the rest for you! The ceramic material of the knife is also incredibly durable.
You may also want to consider a stainless steel knife set that is corrosion and rust-resistant, such as Ace Knife Set For Daily Use (2 Pieces). These knives are very versatile and easy to clean. In fact, no matter what type of job you have – from chopping meat to dicing vegetables – Ace is a great buy.
Tips on how to find the best kitchen knife in India:
Most of us buy kitchen knives blindly without giving much thought to what makes a good kitchen blade. But, after reading this post, you’ll know exactly what to look for when buying a kitchen knife in India.
So, here are a few tips that will help you find the best kitchen knife in India:
1. Choose a Knife That Is Suitable For Your Cooking Style
Personal choice is the most important thing when it comes to buying a kitchen knife, but you will have to look for something that is actually useful and perfect for your cooking style. A chef who cooks in a restaurant needs a different kind of kitchen knife than the one who does so in his home. The knives I have mentioned below are suitable for both types of chefs. If you want a long-lasting option, then stay away from all metal knives as they tend to rust at times without proper care.
2. Make Sure The Knife Is Comfortable In Your Hand
If you find that the handle of your knife is not comfortable enough or if it feels slippery when wet, then maybe it’s time to invest in another one. You might feel like using a super expensive and luxurious looking kitchen knife with its beautiful design but if it is uncomfortable to hold, then there is no point in having that.
3. Look For A Razor Sharp Knife
If you want a knife that can cut through anything like butter, then look for one that has the sharpest of blades. The more expensive ones usually offer better quality than the cheaper options.
4. Go For A Solid Kitchen Knife
Any kitchen knife which is made up of alloys or metal will be heavier than its wooden counterpart and this could make your work difficult as you might feel tired holding it. Choosing a solid wood-made kitchen knife will help you reduce strain on your hands while using it for longer hours due to its natural lightweight nature and ease of use over extended periods.
5. Opt For A Thick Blade
The thicker the knife blade, the sturdier it is. A large-sized blade will also give you more control over your work while making it easier for you to cut through tougher items with ease.
6. Look For A Balanced Knife
It should not be lopsided or heavy on one side or another to provide better balance while cutting ingredients or anything else in the kitchen space. Go for something that is well balanced and won’t stress your wrists while using it!
7. Price Is Important
Expensive knives are not always the best option to go for if you want something sturdy because you might end up buying a low-quality product that could rust easily or break within a few weeks of use if it’s raw metal. You can get a sturdy and useful kitchen knife for Rs 500/- (for example, the one I use is of this price) but it will serve you well if you take proper care of it and also go for something made up of solid wood instead of alloys or cheap metals.
8. Go For A Stainless Steel Knife
Stainless steel is perhaps the best metal used to make kitchen knives because it does not rust easily, provides better durability than other types, is extremely lightweight and looks extremely sleek as well so your kitchen might seem cleaner and organised with such knives in them!
9. Do Not Under-estimate The Quality Of Plastic Kitchen Knives
If you want something affordable, there are plastic kitchen knives available in the market that can be bought for as cheap as Rs 50/- but they are extremely durable and will give you the proper value of your money.
10. Sharpen Your Knife Regularly
It is important to keep sharpening your knife regularly with a steel or stone at least twice every month because this practice preserves it well by removing any rust that might have accumulated due to improper storage or use. The easiest way to sharpen your kitchen knives is by using this knife sharpening tool.
11. Have At Least Three Good Knives In Your Kitchen
If you only have one knife in your kitchen space, then you will always find it difficult to cut ingredients properly since most of the time you will have to wash them before using them again. Keep at least two or three knives so you can use them each on different occasions without having to worry about cleaning up a mess in between!
12. Buy A Knife Made In India
If you want a sturdy, long-lasting and toxin-free product, then purchase one that is made in India because these are the best in the world when it comes to making useful kitchen products!
Don’t underestimate Indian products just because the country has been flooded with cheap Chinese alternatives over the past few years because these products often tend to be highly toxic and harmful for your health even if they’re cheap!
Different types of kitchen knives and their uses.
Basically, there are 4 general categories in which all blades in a kitchen can fall under:
– Chef’s Knife (or French knife) is perhaps the most versatile blade made mostly because it can perform most tasks with ease due to its wide blade length.
The only downside is that many people often find this type of blade difficult to control since it has more weight than other types so if this is your first time buying a kitchen knife then you should definitely avoid this type and go for a small-sized blade.
Buy the chef’s knife for chopping vegetables and slicing meat:
– Boning Knife is perfect for those who have to fillet their meat regularly because the narrow blade makes it easy to separate the skin from bone as well as tenderise some of the toughest cuts of meat as well!
Buy the boning knife for boning fish or cutting vegetables:
– Serrated Slicer, as the name suggests, is mostly used for making thin slices so people often use this knife when they have to cut bread, prepare ingredients for a salad or even slice through some soft fruits without squishing them too much!
It has a wavy blade that helps in slicing with ease.
Buy the serrated slicer for slicing bread, soft fruits and vegetables:
– Paring Knife looks like a miniature version of a chef’s knife but can be used for other tasks such as peeling fruits, vegetables and cutting small ingredients with ease.
Buy a paring knife for peeling, coring and cutting small ingredients.
People often make the mistake of choosing a knife based on how good it looks because if something seems too good to be true, then it surely is! Remember that there are no shortcuts in life so don’t forget to buy a knife that you actually need instead of wasting your money on an item that you wouldn’t be using at all!
Taking care of your Kitchen Knife
- Never soak your knife in any kind of water because water causes rust over time and rust is extremely corrosive so the blade will easily get ruined if left submerged in it!
- Try to dry up your knife after use by wiping it clean with a cloth or paper towel rather than submerging it in some sort of liquid.
- Remove and wipe off any debris on the handle of your kitchen knife (if it has one made out of wood) before using it again. This way, there won’t be any unwanted gashes on the surface that might cause more harm than good.
- If you’re passing the knife on to someone else then make sure that you hand them down their sides (not pointing towards their body) and try to avoid touching the blade when passing it off to somebody else because of a cut or a wound in a kitchen can cause a lot of trouble for everyone there so be careful!
- Keep your knife away from anyone in the house who likes throwing stuff around to prevent accidents. This way, no one will have any reason to blame you if they happen to get injured because of their fault!
- If you’re going to store your knife then make sure that you keep it inside a wooden or plastic block that has multiple slots that can hold the blade securely. Otherwise, storing your knife in some kind of rack or container is also fine as long as it’s not made out of metal.
- Always remember to clean your knife with warm water and soap after use before drying it up completely so rust doesn’t form on the surface. You should also make sure that you purchase a knife sharpener from the market to sharpen any dull edges before using your knife again.
- If you own more than one type of kitchen knives then try keeping them separate in different places inside your home or store them all together inside a block or container so it’s easier for everyone to find the right blade when they need it.
Kitchen Knife – FAQs
What are the 3 most common kitchen knives?
The three most common kitchen knives are the Chef’s Knife, Paring Knife and Serrated Slicer.
What is a Chinese knife called?
A Chinese knife is called a Cleaver. It is used for dicing, slicing and chopping.
What is the difference between a butcher’s knife and a Chinese knife?
A butcher’s knife is typically shorter than a Chinese knife, it can be used to cut through bones while a Chinese Knife is typically used for cutting meat.
What is a Chuka?
A Chuka is a Slicer Knife that resembles a Chef’s knife but has a much shorter blade, which makes it perfect for cutting vegetables.
What is a Cook’s Knife?
A Cook’s Knife is a Paring knife that has a round tip and a curved blade. It can be used as an alternative to a Chef’s knife or Cleaver and can typically do all the kitchen tasks both of those cutlery items can.
What is a Gyuto?
A Gyuto is a Japanese Chef’s knife that can be used for slicing, chopping and dicing. The blade is typically between 5 1/2 to 7 inches long with the tip being round while the edge being straight or slightly concave. Due to its design, it can also be used as a Utility Knife.
What is a Tomato knife?
A Tomato knife has a serrated blade and can be used as an alternative to a cerated Slicer or Cleaver. The Serrations reduce drag which allows for clean cuts that don’t tear the food.
What knives does Gordon Ramsey use?
What kind of knives does Jamie Oliver use?
Jamie Oliver uses a set of diamond sharpened ceramic knives in his cooking demonstrations and recipes because they stay sharper for much longer than traditional steel blades.
I want to repeat myself and stress that the sharpest possible knife is the safest one to use in the kitchen. To get sharp blades, you need quality edge retention and sturdy construction.
Also, always remember to buy a knife that will suit your taste and requirements because otherwise, you’ll end up wasting your money instead of saving it!
Thanks for dropping by and reading this article on the Top 10 Best Kitchen Knives in India.
Stay safe, healthy and always keep your kitchen knives clean!
Best kitchen knife, kitchen knife price, kitchen knife online India.